(f) The Park Superintendent or his or her designee shall issue a Special Activity Permit on application unless:
(1) A prior application for a permit for the same activity or use has been made and had been or will be granted;
and the activities or uses authorized by that permit do not reasonably allow multiple occupancy of that
(2) It reasonably appears that the activity or use will threaten the health, safety and welfare of persons using
(3) The activity or use is of such a nature or duration that it cannot be reasonably conducted or performed in
the particular location applied for, considering such things as safety of the applicant or other Park visitors;
damage to Park resources or facilities; impairment of the atmosphere of peace and tranquility in specially
protected natural or historic areas; interference with interpretative programs, visitor services or other
program activities, or the administrative activities of the Park; or impairment of public use facilities or
services of Park concessionaires or contractors; or
(4) The activity or use would constitute a violation of applicable law or regulation
For the entire regulation please copy the following link into your browser:http://ncparks.gov/Visit/rules/docs/15A_NCAC_12B-DPR_Rules_January_2014.pdf
PILOT MOUNTAIN STATE PARK WEATHER FORECAST: http://tinyurl.com/d4qve9pEquestrians
- To preserve park bridle trails for your continued use and enjoyment, all trails are closed to horses after rain. Riding on wet trails creates hazardous areas and erodes the trail. Riding trails when wet will cause their closure for maintenance and their closure to bridle use. If it has rained, wait to ride another day.
Updated: 2014-07-30 15:03:05
If you would like to receive electronic notification of prescribed burns, the park would like to ask you for an email address that you can be reached at. Your email will not be shared with anyone, and you will not be included on “reply-alls” or routine emails from the park. This list-serve would only be used for notification of prescribed fires or emergencies. Prior to a planned prescribed burn you will receive an email and a location of the burn within the state park. If at anytime you would like to be removed from this email list you would have the option to have your contact information deleted by calling or emailing the park.When prescribed burns are conducted, areas of the park being burned are closed to the public during the burn, and afterwards until conditions are deemed safe for use.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be added to this listserve.
Updated: 2014-04-26 09:12:55