North Carolina State Parks Reservations System
It's a great way to choose among more than 3,000 campsites as well as vacation cabins,
picnic shelters, community buildings and other facilities at our 38 state parks and state
recreation areas. We're able to offer this service in partnership with InfoSpherix, a leader
in the reservations industry. Reservations may be made online, by calling our toll-free
number or in person by visiting most state park offices/visitor centers during regular hours.
We hope you'll explore and enjoy our 'Naturally Wonderful' state parks.
Online Reservations - Read the information on this page and click the 'Make a
Reservation' button below.
Phone Reservations - Dial toll-free 1-877-7-CAMP-NC (722-6762).
What You'll Need To Make Online Reservations
• The name, address and phone number of the responsible party for each reserved facility.
• Choose dates for your reservation.
• Payment by valid credit card is expected when the reservation is made. North Carolina
state parks accept Visa and Master Card.
• The site is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Version 4.5 or higher, Apple Safari, or Netscape
Navigator, Version 4.05 or higher .
Things to Know
• A reservation must be made and confirmed at least 24 hours prior to the planned visit.
Example: If you will arrive on Friday afternoon, an advance reservation must be confirmed on Thursday.
• Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance.
• There is a $3 surcharge per reservation/per night's stay to support the reservations system.
• A single site can be reserved for a maximum of 14 consecutive nights within any 30-day period.
(No camper is allowed to camp in a park for for more than 14 nights in a 30-day period, and upon reaching
that limit, must vacate the park for 16 nights before returning.)
• An unlimited number of sites/facilities can be reserved in each online session, but each
site/facility will be considered a separate reservation.
• At campgrounds, there is a two-night minimum stay between Thursday and Sunday on holiday
weekends, Memorial Day through Labor Day. This does not apply to group campsites.
• Reservations aren't required for a campsite or picnic shelter if that facility is
available. Without a reservation, campsites and reservations are on a first come, first served
• Gift cards are available for future trips to state parks and for some merchandise.
• If a reservation is made online, payment must be made with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
or debit card. If a reservation is made through the toll-free call center. Payment
can be made with a credit card, debit card, money order or check. However, any reservation made less
than 21 days prior to arrival must be paid by credit card or debit card.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
Tips for Planning Your Visit to a Park.